Another important group of volunteers within the Potawatomi Chapter are the Mountain Bike Patrollers, who:
- Ride the trails regularly
- Assist in medical and mechanical emergencies
- Monitor trail conditions and inform land managers, land owners, and trail users
- Educate trail users of proper etiquette
- Volunteer at races and trail events
Patrollers receive first aid training through the National Ski Patrol Bike Patrol Program, with the option to either become a Bike Patroller or Bike Host dependent on level of training. To find out more about the NSP Bike Patrol program visit https://nspserves.org/bikes/ .
For more information about Patrolling with the Potowatomi Chapter, please contact us at PotoMBAbikepatrol@potomba.org