Just a short 45 minute drive south of Ann Arbor, Adrian’s Heritage Park, located at 3221 N. Adrian Hwy(US M52), is home to 10 miles worth of biking/hiking trails, in addition to softball fields, soccer fields, an RC flying field, an 18 hole Disc Golf course, the Stubnitz Environmental Center and various playground/picinic shelters.
In the Fall of 2015, the trail system got a complete overhaul with the installation of 115 new trail markers and new map kiosks installed in the summer of 2016. The new system now consists of 5 separately marked trails ranging in length from .6mi to 8.8mi. Many of the trails overlap one and other and/or share sections, so getting a map from the brochure holder at the kiosk is a good idea until you are familiar with the park.
All trails start and finish at the Stubnitz Center parking lot, with an alternate trailhead for the Orange trail at Marker 18(soccer lot).
- Blue Trail: .6 mi long wagon trail/two track.
- Green Trail: 1.4mi long. Mostly singletrack loop of the interior of the park including a long boardwalk section and moderate side hill trail.
- Yellow Trail: 1.8mi long. Mostly singletrack loop of the north edge of the park, includes tight, twisty trail and a few log piles, not much elevation gain.
- Red Trail: 2.7mi long. Mostly singletrack that follows the beginning of the Orange trail. A fast and flowy section includes the park’s biggest climb (The Bench) and biggest descent (BIG BERTHA!). Includes steep side hill riding and several log piles.
- Orange Trail: 8.8mi long. It may be under 9mi long but this trail IS a workout! Encompassing sections (if not the entirety) of all the other trails plus a whole lot more! Includes several short but steep climb/descents, some more log piles, more steep side hill and a few skinny bridges. Heritage Park’s signature trail and the basis for the Hare Racer race course.
MTB Project Page: Link