Date(s) - 09/14/2013
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Pinckney Community Public Library
Categories No Categories
IMBA’s Trail Building School teaches IMBA’s philosophies and trains local volunteers and land managers on how to build and maintain sustainable singletrack. The school involves three hours in the classroom followed by about four hours in the field doing hands-on trail work and field instruction.
Participants are expected to come to both the classroom and field sessions on Saturday. If you can only come to one sessin, please attend the classroom session. You will not be allowed to attend the afternoon field session if you did not attend the morning classroom session.
- Introduction to IMBA
- Introduction to the Subaru/IMBA Trail Care Crew
- Trail building theory
- Essential elements of sustainable trails
- Designing a trail
- Constructing the trail
- Rerouting and reclaiming trails
- Advanced trail construction techniques
- Fruit, pastries, coffee and tea will be available in the morning
- Lunch will be provided before heading out to the field session
- Bring water to carry with you to the field session
Wear whatever is comfortable for the classroom session. For the afternoon field session, plan on wearing long pants and shirts. Work gloves and sturdy shoes or boots are also recommended.
Tools will be provided.
There is no cost to attend this event but you must reserve a space using the form below.
This event was made possible by the support of the following fantastic sponsors:
Reservations are closed for this event.